Question / Help Audio Monitoring Slowly Going Out Of Sync Over Time

wolfyuhd

Worst case scenario solution

Download OBS Music Edition, set all the settings I've listed above. Click on the cog next to the mic/audio device going out of sync, click on "Show monitoring button". Go to settings and set a keybind, the same key for both monitoring and unmonitoring the device.
You can manually double click the button (not a very comfortable solution) or set up a script pressing the button very fast every x seconds/minutes.

That's the only solution I can think of that will work for everyone.

GucciOBSGod

Hi all, this was an on going issue for me and a buddy of mine, the slowly decaying audio. I did couple tests and for us personally it was our capture card that was the issue. We were running it too hard since we have the same one and it`s a rather cheap one (only using it to have headset audio when I play retro Nintendo games lol).

I was able to find a solution for the decaying audio without buying a better card, I went into the ¨Properties¨ of my lagging audio in question (Capture Card), in ¨Resolution \ FPS Type¨ I swap it to ¨Custom¨. Then I selected my ¨Resolution¨ to 1920x1080, and finally what truly did the trick is setting my ¨FPS¨ from ¨Match Output FPS¨ to 30. It worked for me and my friend.

I made an account on this forum today just to post this. If it helps anybody that's great. From your friendly canadian boy! Godspeed...

drewstalgic

I found a solution. It seems this was an issue caused by Windows 10. After searching around, I found a suggestion to go into Device Manager > System Devices > High Precision Event Timer and disable that device (It seems this could also be a setting in your PC's BIOS, but I didn't poke around in there at all). My microphone now seems to be staying in sync! My AV capture card (for N64 capture) is still desyncing, but I strongly believe that's an issue with the device itself, or otherwise unrelated... The desync issue has always been much worse with that particular device. :p

Hopefully having my findings written here can help someone else with this issue in the future! That said, I'll update this thread if it turns out my solution is only a temporary fix/something goes wrong. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen. Now off to troubleshoot the capture card issue, I guess!
I had the exact same issue with my Retro Tink for SNES games. Audio monitoring would gradually go out of synced. Diabling the High Precision Event Timer finally fixed it so thank you so much!