Audio Monitoring Settings Bug

ToTheLifeboats

Under Advance Audio Properties > Audio Monitoring - My outputs are set to Monitor Only (Mute Output) because I feed them to my Rodecaster and control levels there and then pickup the final mix from the rodecaster back to OBS (and other feeds) for broadcast.

The problem is, the settings stop working and before every show I have to go in and click the audio sources to monitor off and then back to Monitor only (mute output) for each scene and it starts working again. It does this even if I leave the program open.

I made a simple video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/JtKPEzH2TKY
Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/Oof_S8rU3PMPUWv1

dmemphis

Interesting. Just a OBS user here. What device are you monitoring it through, the Windows Sound System? I'm wondering if its a problem in the device you are monitoring through that is getting mixed up and straightened out when you tweak the setting from monitor off to monitor only.
I have found windows to be more unreliable than OBS in its audio assignments.

ToTheLifeboats

So the output is set to monitor only which is to prevent an echo. That goes on the computer audio via USB to the Rodecaster. OBS in turn has a feed that picks up the Rodecaster output (master mix) to broadcast. I also have a BlackMagic ATEM that streams as well. It was working, but now it's constantly broken.

I've had OBS open since posting the above and its broken again.

Harvey S

I had a similar experience trying to put MP3 files and MP4 files in the same VLC source. Solved it by converting MP3 files to MP4.

koala

As far as I know, OBS disables monitoring if the monitoring device is used as global input device to avoid a feedback loop. Make sure the device you use in Settings->Audio->Advanced->Monitoring device isn't recorded anywhere in OBS, neither in Settings->Audio->Global Audio devices nor as audio output capture source in one of your scenes.