Question / Help Audio issues since recent re-install

krisifide

A while back, I uninstalled OBS Studio, for various reasons. This past week, I reinstalled it, and set everything up the way I used to. 3840x1080 base canvas, 2 audio tracks (mic and game), the whole nine yards. I edit with Movie Studio 13, and it's never had a problem seeing both audio tracks and allowing me to manipulate them separately.

However, this week, both audio tracks have somehow been mixing into track one, and track two is left completely unused, but still recording. I've tried fully uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch, making sure the old user settings were not left behind, and I'm still encountering this issue.

Most recent log: https://obsproject.com/logs/oChTinnlANOkrwsB
Screenshots of my settings:
1555944483106.png

1555944525022.png

Don't mind the current audio volume levels. I've had to do this to maintain some sort of balance while I try to figure out why OBS Studio is suddenly acting so strangely.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

koala

Well, you assigned your desktop audio (game audio, media player audio) to track 1 and your mic to track 2. You set mic to "monitor only (mute output)", and with this you ordered OBS to only output your mic to the device you set in Settings->Advanced->Audio as Audio Monitoring Device. To that only, and not to the audio track. Thus, Track 2 is silent. Set the option to "Monitor off" or "Monitor and Output" if you want it in the recording.
Your webcam mic isn't activated for any track, so it doesn't appear on any audio track.

krisifide

EDIT: I was misremembering how monitoring works on obs, and removed previous comments. Thanks for the help. Monitoring off and working correctly.

Last edited: