Question / Help Audio Input Capture Problem

Cierito

I am having a problem getting my mic to work in OBS. I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface with an audio-technica mic. In windows 10 sound settings I have set both my playback and recording devices to the Scarlett 2i2 and have both formatted to play at 2 channel, 16 bit, 48000 hz (DVD Quality).

In OBS i have changed my sample rate to 48k to match my settings on my Scarlett.

I have tried two different ways to test to see if I am getting any signal on my microphone. Under audio in OBS settings I have set my Desktop Audio Device as Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio) and Mic/Auxillary Device to Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Audio). In my mixer I get signal on my Desktop Audio source, but not my Mic/Aux source.

The other option I have tried was to disable all audio sources in the audio section of settings and tried to create Audio Input Capture and Audio Output Capture sources directly into a scene. I set both Audio Input and Output capture sources to the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and only got signal on the Audio Output Capture device. None on the Audio Input Capture device

Any ideas?

https://obsproject.com/logs/EGzzii0Or78YE1qf

zonyl

Im having the same issue with a different sound device. It seems the motherboard audio isnt transcoding properly for the stream.

AVman

I was not able to get the audio input capture to work but I did manage to get what I wanted by using audio output capture after I set the sound card to "play through". I'm picking up the audio on the way out instead of on the way in!

Last edited: