Audio goes more and more out of sync the longer OBS runs

Markosjal

Hello, I have been trying to Get a Dazzle DVC100 running on Linux (windows dropped way too many frames and had its own audio issues) . My test box with Linux Mint seemed to work but seemed the audio from the Dazzle DVC100 was unreliable and audio sources sometimes seemed jumbled up. Linux seemed to work if I use an external USB sound card, as here again the Dazzle DVC100 Card sound is problematic , but have discovered that audio goes more and more out of sync the longer OBS runs. It is worth noting that my Acer Revo RL80 that I have been testing on Linux has no "line in" audio, so I had to add USB sound card for the "line in".

I have considered that this may be a USB2 issue but wanted to know if anyone else had experienced the same issue.

In a few days I will have a dual boot MacOS10.15 and Linux Mint 21.2 Mate specifically hoping that the integrated sound card may work better. I do not think it is possible to get this Dazzle DVC100 working under OSX 10.15 so I will be running Linux for those composite/s-video captures. I also have a spare unused Windows 10 License if I were more confident that the DAZZLE DVC100 might work on Windows

I also made a discovery that may be helpful to others. Sometimes when the audio gets messed up and I exit OBS , OBS continues running in the system tray and can not be shut down normally any other way. I have to "sudo pkill obs" and this is the only way to reset it sometimes. It took me a while to figure this out.

I tested on Cinnamon and found many of the drop down menus nearly impossible to read no matter what theme I used in Linux Mint. The drop down menus all were like Black text on black background.

Last edited: