[Audio feedback testing feature]

dehixem

Hello there!

As a long time streamer now, I always have struggled to manage my sound levels to a satisfactory level for my audience. I have to ask each time whether the game sound is loud enough or too loud. It varies greatly between games.

Since there is a testing feature for previewing the video stream on OBS, wouldn't it be great to have a similar feature for audio ?

This would greatly help for balancing audio when you also have someone to speak with on stream, so that their voice is loud enough (not too loud though) for everyone to hear. Same goes for game audio.

I hope I have formulated this clearly :)

Cheers !

PS Request : On a side note, when I quit OBS then launch it again, the volume level it used to have in the mixer is back to default. I always need to lower it at each launch. This is very frustrating because I forget sometimes and notice only minutes later that my game audio is WAY too loud compared to my voice. Isn't there a way to stop maxing out the OBS volume level on the mixer each time it relaunches ?

z0rz

Do you have a second monitor? You can just keep an eye on the audio levels (under the volumes) and see how your mic volume compares to your desktop audio, etc.