Audio exclusion by program

evets90

I was wondering (this has probably been asked before, sorry) if there are any plans to implement Audio Exclusion from streams using OBS. For example, I might not want to stream my Skype audio, but still want to hear it locally. Is there any plugin or development going on for that by any chance?

I know Virtual Audio Cable is a temp solution, but it's not free and is quite complicated to set up.

Tatazilla

There is a way to prevent your skype audio from being heard if you use a headset. Have skype audio go exclusively to the headset only, and have OBS Desktop Audio go to speakers for example.

ie: I'm using an Astro A40 on SPDIF. There is also a Headset Earphone audio source as well. All my Audio goes into "SPDIF". If I set OBS to capture SPDIF and if I use Output device on my VoIP as SPDIF, it will capture that. However, if only set OBS to capture "Headset", it will only capture the audio coming from my games and not my VoIP.

In your case, have the sound go into your "Speakers", and VoIP go directly into your Headset, and have OBS Capture only Speakers. I'm not sure how your audio is set up so I can't be sure if anything is remotely close, but you can test by doing preview stream and look at the audio bars. If you see the volume bar moving whenever there's a skype audio, then it is picking it up.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This is unlikely to happen, OBS captures audio from endpoints (eg, your headphones or speakers), not programs.