Question / Help Audio drift

Studio100

I hope somebody can help.

I am feeding a DSLR camera into my Windows laptop via an Elgato camlink adapter and the audio keeps slowly drifting out of sync.

If I close the program down and re-launch it, it starts off fine but then slowly starts to drift oout of sync again.

This is nothing to do with the stream or recording settings as it happens in the program itself.

This is the latest log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/Pm3fIFS-zTFpyNs8

Can ANYBODY help?? I have an important stream coming up!

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited:

Studio100

OK I've changed the sample rate in OBS to 48 khz which I think might have helped.

Is it better to have "Use Device Timestamps" checked or unchecked?

Studio100

Interestingly enough, I muted the audio track that was combined in the HDMI feed and then added the audio back in as a separate audio input capture device and it seems to work fine with no drift.

Why would that be?

srcooper02

Interestingly enough, I muted the audio track that was combined in the HDMI feed and then added the audio back in as a separate audio input capture device and it seems to work fine with no drift.

Why would that be?
I just want to say THANK YOU. I have been fighting the audio drifting away from the video for long enough now. I repeated the step you did here and for the first time, my audio and video remained together. I am so relieved!!