audio desync when booting a game most of the time with NDI

PareidoliaHD

I have a big issue with audio desync that I didn't had a week ago. It's only for my voice not the gameplay. My voice comes after the camera, not before.

I don't think I can't reduce the delay since it's after plus i'm using a go xlr and my voice seems to be tied with my game audio I don't think I can work this out. I'm using a Sony a6000 with an elgato camlink with a go xlr mini. My stream starts fine and then when I boot up a game most of the time I get desynced.

My camera is 59.94 fps so I put my stream at that as well. I have 2 good pc. My streaming pc has a 3900x with a 980ti and 16gb of ram oced at 3200. My gaming pc has a 9900k and a 2080 + 2 stick of 16 gigs of ram at 3200. I thought my drivers weren't up to date so I tried to find out which one it was and no dice.

I formated entirely both pcs and hook them up with the latest version of everything. (at least I believe so) My gpu, sound, go xlr, obs studio (on both pcs) and the latest NDI plugin 4.9. ( I also tried 4.7.1, 4.6.1, 4.6 and 4.5.3 which gave me the same results) I also tried using Streamlabs OBS on my streaming pc and it did the same thing as well.

I tried to mess with the ''device timestamp'' but it doesn't do anything.

I did and iperf test and I have a gigabyte connection between both pcs as well.

here are my settings for NDI in properties: Bandwith = Highest

Sync = Network (I tried ''Source Timing'' but it didn't worked for any of the NDI versions I've tried. (also in task manager, obs take 135mbps on the network tab)

Allow hardware acceleration is checked.
YUV Range = Partial
Yuv color 709
Latency is set to Normal.

I hope I gave you enough details, I've been trying all night to fix it and I don't understand why it doesnt work.

Thank you for your time and have a good one!

Here's a sample ---> https://www.twitch.tv/pareidolia4k/clip/PricklyInventiveLocustDancingBanana

carlmmii

Please provide log files from both your gaming PC and your stream PC for a session where this occurred.

(just as a side note, you can absolutely set a negative offset for audio sync.... not that this is any real fix for your issue)

PareidoliaHD

Please provide log files from both your gaming PC and your stream PC for a session where this occurred.

(just as a side note, you can absolutely set a negative offset for audio sync.... not that this is any real fix for your issue)

I actually tried to set a negative value but nothing happened so I assumed it didn't worked.

Anyways, here's my logs.

Now for my gaming pc i'm not sure how i'm supposed to show you my exact logs when i'm streaming with my streaming pc so I just streamed for about a minute with it after I was done streaming with my streaming rig. Let me know if you need anything else!

Attachments

• Streaming pc.txt
    192.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Gaming Pc.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 3

carlmmii

Code:
15:52:28.102: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 23 milliseconds (source: Mic/Aux)
This was the part I was wondering about in the gaming PC's logs. Looks like you're good there, so there's doesn't appear to be any large drift when locking on to the go xlr's audio.

I would first try updating your NDI tools and NDI plugin, as they seem to be a bit out of date. If that doesn't sort things out, then the best you can do is adjust the audio sync on either the gaming pc or the stream pc as necessary. If for some reason negative sync's don't end up working, then you can add an Async Delay to your video source to force a sync in that direction.

PareidoliaHD

Code:
15:52:28.102: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 23 milliseconds (source: Mic/Aux)
This was the part I was wondering about in the gaming PC's logs. Looks like you're good there, so there's doesn't appear to be any large drift when locking on to the go xlr's audio.

I would first try updating your NDI tools and NDI plugin, as they seem to be a bit out of date. If that doesn't sort things out, then the best you can do is adjust the audio sync on either the gaming pc or the stream pc as necessary. If for some reason negative sync's don't end up working, then you can add an Async Delay to your video source to force a sync in that direction.

All i'm using is this on both pc's wich, I tough was the latest version of the plugin already. Do you think I need more software!??!

PareidoliaHD

4.9.1 is the latest version of the OBS-NDI plugin. Logs are showing you're currently using 4.6.2.

Not sure about the actual NDI tools version currency, as newtek doesn't display that directly on-site.
I tried all versions down to 4.5. They all do the same!

I made another post since nobody answered me the first time a week later. This is what i'm currently using!