Question / Help Audio desync problem

mr94valerio

Good Evening i'm struggling with audio desync problem and i can't find a solution.
My setup is Main PC to play and Streaming PC
Streaming PC is:
Threadripper 2950x
64GB RAM 3200Mhz
GTX 1080

Audio bit is 96

Capture Card Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 4K
Microphone Shure SM7B with Steinberg UR22

All the audio is sync to 44100Mhz with all devices.
We used high profile but also if we switch on main desync appear.
We try to remove buffer to audio device and did not working.
We also try to swap audio on direct sound issue is still present.

Temporary FIX is deactivate and reactivate capture card.

I don't know what i have to check more. I'm exhausted

I put a file log

Attachments

• log.txt
    16.8 KB · Views: 8

Narcogen

This is happening over the course of your stream:

17:58:28.533: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 46 milliseconds (source: Microfono/disp. ausiliario)
17:58:30.307: adding 185 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 232 milliseconds (source: Magewell 4k HDMI)
18:04:59.829: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 255 milliseconds (source: Magewell 4k HDMI)
18:18:28.725: adding 92 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 348 milliseconds (source: Magewell 4k HDMI)
18:58:28.747: adding 139 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 487 milliseconds (source: Magewell 4k HDMI)
20:44:21.503: adding 23 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 510 milliseconds (source: (null))

This can be caused by CPU overload, by USB bus overload (too many devices or too much bandwidth on a single controller. In particular, sending 4K over USB means you absolutely need a good USB3 connection, which is why Magewell recommends using only their included cable and no other.

mr94valerio

I know it's happen in course. With x399 aorus master and threadripper plus orginal cable i think we have to exclude bus overload don't you think?

Narcogen

I don't think that means your hardware is bad, but it might be worth inquiring with Magewell support to see if they have any suggestions.

It may also be useful to test with other comparable software to see if the same issue happens there, which makes either something in your system, OS, or the hardware the likely problem instead of OBS itself.

You could create fresh, blank Profiles and Scene collections and add the Magewell as a solo source in it to test, and see if the problem still occurs.