Question / Help Audio delay

kishi

Hello, sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I thought I would try asking with the new release.

Is there a super secret option in this release to delay the audio? If not, is there alternative software I can use to delay the audio before sending it to OBS? If not, is there some guy I can paypal $20 to fix the audio delay for me? If not, do you think this feature might be in the next release? I really want to use OBS, but with the audio being so badly out of sync, its looking like my only option (today) is to buy a PC.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and working so hard on this amazing software. I'm so happy to donate and support this project. You guys are frigging awesome.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Click the gear icon next to the Mixer button in 0.8.1 and there is a Sync offset option for each audio source.

kishi

Thank you so much dodgepong! This is absolutely amazing, I'm so excited. A huge thank you to everyone working on this beautiful project. Have a great day!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
NbGFgH6.png

MikeD53

Does anyone know if the option to force audio to match the video timestamp was moved somewhere else besides the advanced options. I still have a 9-second audio lag when I try to broadcast to Facebook Live and no adjusting of the sync offset is having any affect other than to disable the audio entirely. FYI I'm using a Sony EX3 captured through a BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle 3.0 to a Macbook Pro running El Capitan. Thanks!

Stepwise

Same issue – my audio is about 9-10 seconds behind my video – and cannot find the solution anywhere. UGH!

cakerins

I have the same problem. When I add 1400 MS on the sync offset, it doubles the amount of distance between my audio and video (3200 MS ahead of video). I have scoured the internet and can't find a solution.

llamafilm

Is it possible to add negative audio offset, meaning delay the video? I always have some audio delay when using embedded SDI audio and video from a Blackmagic Ultrastudio Express. When I try a negative audio offset in the mixer window, the audio goes completely silent. I'm running 0.19 on Sierra.

By the way, I'm new to these forums. Is there some way to see a time/date stamp on posts?

simspace

calcio

Hello,
I would like to highlight the already mentioned problem with missing option of "force desktop audio to video timestamps" on Mac version. Is it somewhere hidden? What are the options with audio delay problem for us who are using Mac OS?

Thanks

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm fairly certain that was an option on OBS Classic, which was Windows-only and is not developed anymore. I recommend making a new thread describing your issue and include a log file.