Audio Crackles with Big Sur 11.3.1

flatsick

Im also experiencing the problem, The remux omission fixed the problem for me as im now recording directly to mp4 with the sacrifice of losing the data ( i didnt use mkv prior to m1 anyways). Very thankful for this thread!

JimF

Thanks for addressing this issue. @bluesnoz suggestion to use FFmpeg solved this for this for me. Being new to OBS, I spent a day trying all kinds of settings, cable swaps, internet searches, etc. to figure out what I thought I was doing wrong. Found that there was nothing wrong with my equipment when recording with Quicktime but until finding this thread couldn't eliminate the static. Thanks, again. Now I can resume what I was originally trying to do with OBS.....

angelica160

Hi all, I'm new to OBS but have been trying recording on M1 MacBook Air and having problems with crackling audio from any source. Was driving me nuts. Eventually discovered that in the Settings/Output/Recording/Type option, changing this from "Standard" to "Custom Output (FFmpeg)" completely solved the issue. Audio now records without glitches. Hope that helps someone.
THANK YOU SO SO MUCH, you don’t even understand how helpful this was. I’ve spent 2 weeks trying to figure out what was wrong with my mic not knowing that I needed to do this change. You literally are amazing, tysm

scrane

similar problem with streamed audio to YouTube. audio came back 'crackly' if that is a word. Using 24" M1 Mac, running audio from mixer to PTZ NDI/HX camera, then streaming out to Youtube via OBS. Eliminated distortion by: audio source/properties/bandwidth...changed 'highest' to 'lowest' or 'Audio only'.

elton loh

similar problem with streamed audio to YouTube. audio came back 'crackly' if that is a word. Using 24" M1 Mac, running audio from mixer to PTZ NDI/HX camera, then streaming out to Youtube via OBS. Eliminated distortion by: audio source/properties/bandwidth...changed 'highest' to 'lowest' or 'Audio only'.

Where do you change the audio setting for streaming ?

Last edited:

umesh300

Hi all, I'm new to OBS but have been trying recording on M1 MacBook Air and having problems with crackling audio from any source. Was driving me nuts. Eventually discovered that in the Settings/Output/Recording/Type option, changing this from "Standard" to "Custom Output (FFmpeg)" completely solved the issue. Audio now records without glitches. Hope that helps someone.
Thanks a lot for this solution. I had same issue on Mac Mini 2018 but once i changed to custom output (FFmpeg) sound is perfect.. My system on Mac os 12.2.1 Monterey

Last edited: