audio controlled switcher

DJVJOverlink

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a plugin that wil switch scenes from the input of multiple soundcards inside my pc.

Inside my pc i have 2 or more audio inputs (mic analoge or line) every input corspondents with an input from my analoge mixer used for radio shows.
The idea is that the plugin get triggeret by diverend audio inputs from my mixer and on this way self deside to switch scenes.

This is very helpful with radio and talkshows.
So you have 4 mic's that comes in 4 diverend soundcards and 4 camera's instaled (scenes) based on what mic is talking in to wil be the camera on air.

A plugin like this is already years ago made for vMix but i dont want to use vmix becouse its to expensive for me and why not in good old obs?

MudBocx

Hello everyone.

I'm looking for a plugin that wil switch scenes from the input of multiple soundcards inside my pc.

Inside my pc i have 2 or more audio inputs (mic analoge or line) every input corspondents with an input from my analoge mixer used for radio shows.
The idea is that the plugin get triggeret by diverend audio inputs from my mixer and on this way self deside to switch scenes.

So you have 4 mic's that comes in 4 diverend soundcards and 4 camera's instaled (scenes) based on what mic is talking in to wil be the camera on air.

A plugin like this is already years ago made for vMix but i dont want to use vmix becouse its to expensive for me and why not in good old obs?

What happens if two people speak closely after each other? How would the software decide what to do?

I know you'd like to automate this, but why not have a dedicated person editing or run the scene switch through a bot command? This is way easier than developing a dedicated piece of software/script just for this task.

As a starting point for coding, you could use python or lua to find out which audio device is active or which scene is currently active. Take a look at the scripting documentation and obspython.py to check out functions you can use.

franko776

I have been looking to do the same thing for the longest time! Vmix has an Audio Controlled Switcher plugin, and alot of visual radio stations are now coming with their own mix of hardware/software combinations be it via analog audio to GPIO input to USB, but nothing like the vmix plugin, which works with the audio cards already in the system.

the way they have it set up is by basically giving a trigger to the audio input to activate the camera, they have 3 options DB6, DB12, DB18, if the audio input associated to that camera passes the "db" threshold, then the software switched the camera on for that input. say you have host 1 on camera 1, host 2 on camera 2, they have to have individual inputs for the software to recognize the trigger, so when host 1 speaks, it fires off the trigger switching to his camera, same thing happens when 2 speaks, i believe if there is a specific time delay in which they are both speaking, then it triggers another scene where both cameras become active, and same thing happens if there are additional people or audio inputs, of course, the image array is up to you on how the layout looks on the screen by presetting the scene. if you do a search for "Audio Controlled Switcher " on youtube you can see it in action. one thing is for certain, if you want to run hosts and all audio sources to switch accordingly, you have to understand that you will have to get an audio card with at least 8 inputs, like an audioscience card or something more broadcast style. in my case, I want to run all 8 channels from my mixer to switch around.

Gus T Breeze

Hello everyone.

I have been wanting the same for a while - as a solo operator I want to be able to automate scene switching for 2/4 person interviews - while doing the interview. I am going to use Touch portal on an ipad to change the odd scenes - but don't want the distraction of what camera is on who as well! I have managed a way of doing it (see below) but I am sure there is an easier way of doing it by script. I'm Not a coder sadly - but it seems to me that some code could be written for the advanced switcher. eg. 'when volume of Mic 1 = X Dbs - switch to scene x, when vol of mic 2 = x ...etc etc. My workaround: use a VST 2 plugin . assign an audio to midi trigger plugin as a filter to your source - set up trigger levels - then route it to an app called OSCulator - which you then set up to send Key combos to OBS to switch scenes. Easier to get free plugins that do this for Windows - haven't found a free one for Mac OS yet. it works - i've done it using demo versions. seems to me though that a few lines of code would make many OBS users very happy.

franko776

The closest Ive come to have something like that is when I get people via skype and use the NDI window and select ACTIVE CALLER, then Skype itself does the camera switching according to the audio it gets. I have been wanting this feature for the longest time. I run a small radio station and its not easy running OBS and the studio board simultaneously.

a-paul

Guys, here you have some kind of solution that it worked for me
How did you make it work? I've downloaded and installed the plug-in but I cannot seem to get it to function with my scenes. Any pointers would be appreciated

BillRayDrums

Yes, I too would like to know; I get as far as the localhost:3000 and the resulting columns "Master", Slave-1/5 that say "Escena" in the box.

My question is: Do I type the name of the scene in the box or is there some other value that should go there?

Thank you!

Mpitanjia

I have been wanting the same for a while - as a solo operator I want to be able to automate scene switching for 2/4 person interviews - while doing the interview. I am going to use Touch portal on an ipad to change the odd scenes - but don't want the distraction of what camera is on who as well! I have managed a way of doing it (see below) but I am sure there is an easier way of doing it by script. I'm Not a coder sadly - but it seems to me that some code could be written for the advanced switcher. eg. 'when volume of Mic 1 = X Dbs - switch to scene x, when vol of mic 2 = x ...etc etc. My workaround: use a VST 2 plugin . assign an audio to midi trigger plugin as a filter to your source - set up trigger levels - then route it to an app called OSCulator - which you then set up to send Key combos to OBS to switch scenes. Easier to get free plugins that do this for Windows - haven't found a free one for Mac OS yet. it works - i've done it using demo versions. seems to me though that a few lines of code would make many OBS users very happy.
What audio to midi plugin are you using? I am using ReaGate from reaper i can't figure out how to route the midi back to control obs since we dont have OSCulator on windows Please Help!!

Warmuptill

some code could be written for the advanced switcher. eg. 'when volume of Mic 1 = X Dbs - switch to scene x, when vol of mic 2 = x

I have done just that a few months ago.
Let me know if it is working as expected or additional functionality is required, as I am not really familiar with the mentioned alternatives.

dev.devon

Guys, here you have some kind of solution that it worked for me
Can you repsond with some details of how to operate? i have it running in port 4444, but, I don't know what to do to hookup my audio sources to the software

dev.devon

Yes, I too would like to know; I get as far as the localhost:3000 and the resulting columns "Master", Slave-1/5 that say "Escena" in the box.

My question is: Do I type the name of the scene in the box or is there some other value that should go there?

Thank you!
did you find anything out about this? I am stuck in the same place. Thanks!

anonga

Hey Guys,

What you're looking for is the obs advanced scene switcher plugin https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/advanced-scene-switcher.395/reviews

It has an audio section where you can set the rules / logic for how the scene switches happen based on the audio input.

I was looking for something like this after seeing it in vMix and came across this thread but didn't find what I was looking for. Thought I'd post the answer that I discovered after I figured it out.

Hope it helps someone.