Aspect Ratio Not Same as Camera

gspeas

Hi; first post... I have an older Canon HV10, output is 16:9, but screen in OBS is not wide screen, has black bars on the side and the image is elongated vertically. I'm using the firewire cable and 2011 iMac. Same problem in Skype, but with iMove 10, everything is fine, the image on the screen is 16:9 and looks normal. Not sure if it's the age of the camera and it's not communicating with newer software via firewire, or something in OBS that I could adjust. Nothing I've done has gotten rid of the black bars or straightened out the distorted elongated screen image. Camera has normal DV mode, Wide DV, and HDV 1080p. Not working correctly in Wide DV or HDV 16:9. I'm using OBS for live-streaming music performance. Here is the last log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/0VdIj1GYO07WJtI3 Thanks for your help!

gspeas

I tried my Canon HV10 via 2011 iMac on Zoom, and clicked the 16:9 radio button, but it was still a slightly-squished 4:3, the same as OBS. Tried VLC and the aspect ratio was ok, but the transfer rate seemed quite slow. Tried iMovie again and it was fine. Tried QuickTime and the capture screen was fine. Is it possible that newer software/technology doesn't allow 16:9 HD firewire transfer? Seems to be no problem with iMovie and QT.

Got the same problem with Win 10, newest OBS, Canon 5D Mark III, 1.2.3 firmware (with ML), and a full hd hdmi capture card that works normal with all other signals.
What is the problem here? I don't get my head around why it is not in 16:9. It should be!