Application blacklist

Tarun

I'd like to see a blacklist implemented so that OBS Studio will not capture anything from said process/exe.

I'm asking for this as a possible workaround to the fact that OBS Studio captures overlays from Steam if you tell it to capture only a single game/exe (using Game Capture) as I reported here over six months ago.

Mumble also has a blacklist (and whitelist) for what applications will not get the overlay. That is part of what inspired me to make this post here.

I'd like to use OBS Studio, though I do not like how it captures the overlay despite there being no reason to and not being configured to do so. It can be a privacy concern because really, who wants their chats/etc read on a stream/video?

Thank you.

Osiris

The mumble thing is a bit different, Mumble creates the overlay, so they can control to which process they add the overlay.
OBS Studio only hooks into a single process and gets the frames from that process (and w/e is hooked into that process), i don't know if OBS can even detect which specific hook is present.

Simes

Even if it could, unhooking someone else's process is a Very Bad Idea. Plus if it was unhooked, the overlay would be gone from the game altogether.