Application black/whitelist inside OBS?

Kirby420

A few times over the weeks I've run into programs oddly hanging when they never used to, and some other small OS type bugs I've never had before, never really thought much of it until this morning when I attempted to run the autoupdate for 0.49b, and one of the window hook .dll's couldn't be updated because it was loaded into a program already, even though OBS was closed.

I found the culprit to DisplayFusion Pro, and had to restart that before the OBS update could run properly.

Since DisplayFusion has nothing to do with gaming and I've never had OBS or DFP interact with each other in the slightest, I'm wondering if OBS sticking hooks into entirely unrelated things is what's causing intermittent problems for me, and so I was wondering if it would be possible to get a black/white list implemented?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The only hook OBS has is game capture, and where game capture hooks is controlled by the user, so unless you're using game capture hotkey and accidentally pressed the hotkey over a non-game, or set game capture to hook a non-game, then it should definitely not be hooking anything.