API (Any language) Question: Is it possible to Write shapes which move to a scene?

HammerofHeaven

My goal is to write a plugin that will allow data from an eye tracker to be dynamically displayed on the screen.

I was looking at a python API, though I would be happy with any language, and was hoping to be able to write a small circle in a position on the screen and have that position change from one frame to the next based off of data input.

I wrote my own video recorder, though I ran into a lot of trouble with optimization and the FPS from the resulting video was pretty low. My hope was that I could use OBS and simply pass the eye tracker's data into a screen to be rendered indicating where a user is gazing.

I am not asking for help on any code. However, I am unclear from the documentation I have looked through if it is possible. I apologize if I missed something obvious, or if this post is in the wrong place and thank you for any help or advice!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Sure, you could write a source plugin that reads the data from the tracker and renders whatever you want to a texture to be drawn in your OBS scene.