Any tool to read comments on youtube etc and allow moderator to choose a comment to highlight as text overlay on live video?

Muhammadi

Needed a tool that brings up all comments from facebook post, youtube live video, etc and a moderator can pick any comment to highlight that comment as an overlay on live video... We should be able to customize the look and feel of the selected comment that is highlighted and overlaid. Any workaround/tool for this?

BionicClick

Hello,

OBS does not have this unless you use a specially built (not available from what i can locate) plugin.

If you must use a feature of this nature there is only one program that has it. vMix. and vMix social. you can read the comments and they provide a control panel for you top pick and choose what comment to see on stream.

Eric Lalta

I have been searching for this tool like crazy hoping to find a plugin - at least now I know I can stop looking for it.

However, I found a solution that works for me with Youtube (i will also try it with Facebook).........
It's not amazing but it works for me. FYI - I am using a MAC and I use Streamlabs OBS.

In Youtube you can pop out the Chatbox - Once I pop it out I can adjust its size.
I then make a selected screenshot in (SHIFT+COMMAND+4 ) select the comment I want to display
then drag the screenshot into the SCENE of OBS and it immediately appears.

It looks nice and sharp - but only appears in the left corner...
This way I can show the comment in a white block with the avatar. u can enlarge it

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 17.53.55.png

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 17.52.22.png

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 17.50.34.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 17.49.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 17.49.38.png
    65.5 KB · Views: 232

Richard Ham

wow, what a clever idea! thanks for the suggestion. in windows, win-shift-s does a select screenshot but just puts in the the clipboard instead of making an image, so i reckon i can just leave a transparent .png file open in an image editor, and keep that same PNG as an active layer in the scene. so i snap, paste into the image edtior, save, and boom it appears! now i need to find a nice image editor that supports macros!

Last edited:

ZackyVT

Hey guys
YouTube has an API. I am not a programmer so I'm not the right person to implement this.

Someone good at writing plugins or widgets for OBS might be able to figure this out. ECAMM Live and Streamyard support highlighting stream chat comments so they appear as an overlay on the live stream. OBS should be able to do this.

Funny that you mention that because I did that exact thing. I made this simple application called Twidget (currently runs on windows only though) which can showcase live youtube chat comments in OBS. https://twidgetapp.web.app

EndoSkull

So works - but I had to run the exe directly from the install directory not sure what's wrong with your shortcut

EndoSkull

Hey guys

Funny that you mention that because I did that exact thing. I made this simple application called Twidget (currently runs on windows only though) which can showcase live youtube chat comments in OBS. https://twidgetapp.web.app
Love the look and feel and how it hooks up

Really would like an automated mode so it displays in order and possibly bumps regular chats for super chats