Any dev considered about PTZ control in the future ?

Not a stupid question at all! Yes, I think it is entirely feasible to wire up digital zoom control on fixed webcams, or even create a 'virtual' PTZ that scales and pans any OBS source. I think it would involve creating a new PTZDevice object and wiring it up to the translation controls of a source.

I'll add it to the wishlist. I'm unlikely to get to it anytime soon, but if you want to give it a shot, I'd be happy to merge in the changes.

@glikely - only just saw your reply (I've not been on OBS Forums for a while!) Thanks so much for adding this to the wishlist :) I'm not much of a coder these days... fairly certain my skills wouldn't be up to implementing this - and not sure anyone would want my code polluting the OBS codebase!!

dgatwood

Hi Dave,

Sounds interesting. I'm also using Sony VISCA cameras that will talk either RS-232 or UDP. I've only got RS232 working at this point, but UDP is on my to-do list.

If you're still working on that, Marshall has a solid reference on the command set, including all the UDP details.

Marshall CV630-IP RS-232 Command Sethttp://www.marshall-usa.com › pdf › CV630-IP-R...

Or feel free to look at my minimalist VISCA implementation for VISCA-over-UDP for "inspiration" (and coding horror):

which works for at least the Marshall, NewTek, and (99% sure) PTZOptics.