Animated Gif Support for Slide Show

level99tv

Is that possible? Right now Image Slide Show only shows first frame of animated gifs. Would be cool to see if it's an easy fix/implementation.

Grimio

So you want to make a slideshow of animated GIF files? If it's not working out for you, try putting all the GIF files into one big GIF.

micechal

Grimio, he would then have to rebuild his GIF every time he wants to change the delay or add a new image. Sounds silly. I'd also like to see such feature :)

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Assuming you built the gif in the first place, or have tools to create/modify gifs, and know how to use them...

JayneHJKL

+1 for this feature. Since adding a single image will play an animated gif, I expected slideshow to use the same render method and play animated gif's.

Maybe it could have a feature for static time like it currently does, and another where it can count the frames of each gif. That way you could tell it to cycle gif's after it hits the last frame of the previous.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Of course it's possible, more just an annoyance to get implemented than anything. *sigh*, I wish I could get every little tiny feature for every single person, but I just have so many more important things to worry about as of late unfortunately. Something like this may be put on the backburner for a bit unless someone else offers to code in the support or something.