Android development for OBS

Ali Kazmi

Hello guys,

We are software engineering students, and are doing our final project.
We chose the subject to be OBS for android.
First we wanted to ask, has anyone already done it? and is there access to the source code?
And is it possible to compile the cross platform code to android?

We are in the early stages of gathering information for the research - about how OBS works.
We already compiled on windows and have started to debug, but it is very complicated and hard to understand.
If there are any UML diagrams (e.g. class, state), it would be very helpful
And any advice will be appreciated..

Thanks,
Moran and Gili
I want obs for android . Because It is trusted and well optimize software

EinfachSmon

We still have no plans to develop a mobile version of OBS.
But why not? I mean, smartphones are so powerful now that it would be quite possible for IRL streamers who travel the world to stream with OBS. The advantage would also be that you can use your scenes that you use at home on the road, because you can export them.
I would find it super interesting and would certainly close a gap.
Streamelements has already done it and the solution is very good. If OBS would also develop its own app here, which would be very individually adjustable, many IRL streamers would certainly be taken.

Especially for devices like the Yolobox, which has an android system, an OBS version would be godlike

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
All development effort and expertise is on the desktop app. There isn't really anybody on the OBS team who has an interest, desire, or knowledge to work on a mobile app, especially when the size of such a project is so tremendously large, equivalent to rewriting OBS from the ground up. Existence of demand for such a product isn't really enough to motivate work on that project.

If you can find a way to change one of these factors (e.g. find developers interested in working on a mobile version of OBS and working with the existing team on it) then go for it. Be the change you want to see in the world.

EinfachSmon

However, I see it differently. Just because no one has asked yet doesn't mean no one wants it. It's like marketing, people only know they need something when they see it ;)

Anyone who streams on the go would be happy to see an Android version of OBS come out. All they would have to do is start a poll on Twitter, for example. I would bet that there would be some users of OBS who would welcome a mobile version.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That's not what was said. Sure, there may be demand for it, but there is no one with the knowledge needed to work on it. Mobile development is a completely different language and skillset to desktop development.