"An encoder error has occurred while streaming"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bascotie

This also happens when recording unless I change my settings to use a software encoder.

I have the latest Studio driver (I've tried the Game driver also)

LOG

Thanks for the help!

bascotie

Thanks, I'll give it a shot, though this computer is freshly built, brand new driver . Kinda odd that it would need another clean install?

BluePeer

source: 'Cyberpunk' (game_capture) <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you play and record ? thats the Problem? idk but many reports about the game and GPU/Driver issues
not the real but this makes the error 90%
can be a game bug or a "simple" overload of gpu that can trigger this error too
there are report about COD MW Warzone and other raytracing games that there get the same error message after gamepatches but the games are launch or running
if you have nothing 3D stuff running (no wallpaperengine or other shit stuff) then it looks like WizardCM postet a Destroyed driver
that can happen on fresh install systems same like on old

BluePeer

if you lucky this is a driver issue,
without luck its a broken power supply or on a heavy bad day you card is physical broken
the error only shows that the card is "gone" like a restart from driver or something like that
this can be a software problem from something you installed , a driver issue , broken DDR , Broken Windows , broken GPU
the list is endless expandable

bascotie

Possible causes: graphics card was disconnected/crashed, video drivers crashed or were reinstalled while encoding.

You can perform a clean driver installation for your GPU by following the instructions at http://obsproject.com/forum/resources/65/.

Hi there,

I followed the instructions, still no luck unfortunately.

I completely reinstalled Windows, installed OBS and video driver first thing, still crashes if I use the hardware encoder.

If it's any help, I don't have any issues with the graphic card under any type of gaming / furmark / prime95. Only occurs if I try to stream/record under OBS. Thanks for taking the time to help out

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 729

bascotie

To add to the last post, I also tried an xsplit trial and recording works there using the NVENC encoder but i noticed its in 720p resolution.

It seems I can record fine in OBS if I set my task manager priority in the details tab, for OBS, to "Below normal".

EDIT: Scratch that, now it seems to be happening again right away. back to the drawing board =(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.