AMD Mantle?

will OBS be able to work with Mantle in BF4 and COD? it looks to be replacing Directx, and also is open-source... so, are there plans to add compatibility with mantle once the source is released?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I think it's waaay to early to make the claim that it's "replacing" directx, as I'm pretty sure it's not created or even sanctioned by microsoft. That being said, if they make it available I'll take a look at it when the time comes.

Jim said:
I think it's waaay to early to make the claim that it's "replacing" directx, as I'm pretty sure it's not created or even sanctioned by microsoft. That being said, if they make it available I'll take a look at it when the time comes.
I didn't meant that it's from microsoft, or completely replacing it, in any way, but with games that use mantle, on systems with AMD graphics, Mantle will be used instead of Directx.
I'm not sure if you've looked at it much, but it's a low-level, open-source API from AMD. I think the big release is coming up at AMD developer conference in early november.
BF4 and COD are going to be using it starting with a patch in December.
so, I'm really hoping that OBS can get a hook implemented by then, is all.