Question / Help amd i think

Truetoohennessy

my encoder was working so perfect at 720 60fps and one day i got on and its not doing its job its axing my cpu out making it lag wont even stream at 60fps help please here is my latest stream log

Attachments

• Obs logfile.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 9
I couldn't see the AMD Driver revision in the file, maybe I'm blind. Are you on 18.6.1? Those are the latest drivers and you definitely should use them if possible, and 18.6.2 is also stable if you wish to try it, the drivers are all unified now for APU's and dGPU's, That could be your problem. I'm using R7 APU with those settings and having no problems. I'm still under 18.4.2 or whatever was the latest before the unification. If you are on the latest, then roll back to the ones before the unified 18.6.1 drivers. But what drivers are you on right now?

Truetoohennessy

I’ll test the 18.6.1 I looked for the one you said you were using and theirs literally nothing about it on The internet I do appreciate a response a lot so I’m currently download the new drivers and will let you know ASAP

Truetoohennessy

Yeah still seems to be laggy dropped frames it’s weird one day it was fine then I didn’t stream 1day and came back and this happened. After I install this I’ll upload log file and maybe we can pin point my problem I’m not sure how to read the log files I’m not tech savvy

Thanks for uploading, I need to sleep but I will review it in the morning... I just looked, you have a number of issues. can you run using the following paramaters, stream a little like 1 minutes worth, and then close OBS, restart, and go to Help , Log Files, and grab the last couple and post them up, the verbose log (the one I want you to make) will be the larger log in size...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe" Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe --verbose --log_unfiltered --unfiltered_log

Truetoohennessy

What do you mean run with the following parameters? And how would I change whatever it is your asking? Sorry I’m so far from tech savvy haha

What do you mean run with the following parameters? And how would I change whatever it is your asking? Sorry I’m so far from tech savvy haha
Try running that from the command line, or create a shortcut copy of your current OBS shortcut, right click, go to properties, replace the Target line with the line as indicated, INCLUDING THE QUOTES, copy the entire bolded line, into the "Target" field. shown as in this image:
1529223971537.png

Once you replace the current target with the line I supplied, hit "Apply" then hit OK. Then right click that shortcut we just edited and select "Run as Administrator". You won't notice anything different, BUT ONLY USE THIS LINK for diagnosing purporses, as it can impact performance and definitely log sizes, as it will be logging EVERYTHING OBS is doing. Use your standard shortcuts/links to OBS for everyday use.

Once started, do a recording, give it about a 30 seconds, then stop. Then do a stream for about 1 Minute, then stop. Once done, close OBS, then go to the following location by pressing "WIN + R" on your keyboard, then paste the following into the run line:

%AppData%\Roaming\obs-studio\logs

Then press ENTER, and you will see the following similar window below. Sort by Date Modified and then upload the two newest logs into your forum reply. I'll have a look for you. Thanks!
1529224293129.png

Last edited:
Thanks I will review those as soon as I can, I'm doing something at the moment :) Sit tight! In tthe meantime please do me one other favor.

Just as you used the custom startup line I gave you before, start OBS again with this custom startup line, then...In your Output Settings for the AMD Encoder select the Debug box as shown, but you must first be in Advanced Mode, and not Simple Mode, Change modes by the dialog at the top of the screen labeled OUTPUT MODE.

Once Advanced is selected, enable the debug box, click ok, close OBS, restart it, test stream, send logs! Profit!

HOWEVER!!! Once you have sent the logs, go back to simple mode but not until after you uncheck the debug box first and hitting apply, THEN change back to simple mode. Failure to do so may cause lags, bugs and ENORMOUS log files. As you'll see once you update the new logs, they will grow exponentially. So yeah, shut off the debug when finished.

1529232216969.png

Truetoohennessy

here they are with the debug attached thank you again so much

Attachments

• 2018-06-17 17-09-47.txt
    52.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 2018-06-17 17-17-20.txt
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Strange indeed. I need to review further but may I ask have you tried using DDU to remove your drivers first? I've had this same problem before and a clean install from AMD didn't help.; I had to use DDU. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/DDU/download/DDU v17.0.8.6.exe

Run it from SAFE MODE, it will remove your chipset drivers so best to have the new drivers and those handy:
Drivers: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64
Chipset Drivers: https://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-chipset-drivers18.10.c.0601.exe

If you can, run DDU, get it all cleaned up, then install the CHIPSET drivers First, reboot, then have a go with the video drivers. If DDU asks if it can temporarily prevent windows from downloading, select yes. In fact to be double sure windows doesn't try to overlap your drivers, you should have all these files downloaded and ready so you can do all this while be disconnected/unplugged from the net. Literally unplug your ethernet, or disable your wifi on the PC until you are done, there are slight chances for corruption or other problems if windows tries to download and update your drivers while you are trying to install them, being disconnected will prevent this from occurring. While safer these days and Windows usually obeys, it doesn't always, being disconnected is a sure fire way to be...sure :)

Truetoohennessy

these are them its still bad I reset my computer and then did he downloads still no fix

Attachments

• 2018-06-17 23-13-20.txt
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 2018-06-17 23-13-36.txt
    694 bytes · Views: 1
Something is really hitting your GPU hard. Have you scanned for viruses or Malware, I wonder if something is mining on your GPU, but besides that something doesn't seem right in your Elgato configuration, do you have the latest drivers for the Elgato? I think I asked that already. I have to really read your report again slowly, not sure why there are a lot of problems, like your audio is buffering damn near a full second, from the start, that's not right. I think something is bogging your system down, what other apps do you have running on that system?

Truetoohennessy

While OBS is running its the only thing I have open if that what your asking? It’s weird I’ll reset my computer fully today and then download malwarebytes and check cause it didn’t say their was any threats when I scanned it