Question / Help AMD GPU Encoder

hatschiii

Nvidia is fine… but running a Macbook Pro is difficult with Nvidia. Apple only recommends AMD. How are experiences with the AMD hardware encoding in OBS?

I want to use OBS for Zoom, Teams and Streamyard.

52rpm

No problem for zoom.But quality is trash on low bitrate and have lags,stutters on game streaming! For zoom i think no problem.I dont understand why Mac use amd gpu , amd gpu is trash.I have amd gpu = pain on game streaming.If i stream fast movement games my webcam = pixel mesh and worse quality on low bitrate but twitch have limit to bitrate.For your Zoom, Teams and Streamyard i think all be ok.

deFrisselle

Must be your settings I've never had problems streaming with encoding on AMD with an R9 270X and upward Currently I have an 5700XT

52rpm

Man amd encoder is shit !!! try on bitrate 3000-4500 stream fast games like COD + webcam and then try NVIDIA and u see how nice is amd encoder.And amd encoder have micro stutters , micro lags not smooth record and stream i give 10000% etc nobody care about encoder, maby is ok if u stream bongocam webcam on 24fps and 20k bitrate but on normal twitch gaming bitrate = AMD ENCODERS SHIT! Never never again i buying amd gpu ! And cpu ass well trash ryzens always troubles with ram etc.No no thanks!FCK OFF AMD AND AMF ENCODER!

Videobuff

Man amd encoder is shit !!! try on bitrate 3000-4500 stream fast games like COD + webcam and then try NVIDIA and u see how nice is amd encoder.And amd encoder have micro stutters , micro lags not smooth record and stream i give 10000% etc nobody care about encoder, maby is ok if u stream bongocam webcam on 24fps and 20k bitrate but on normal twitch gaming bitrate = AMD ENCODERS SHIT! Never never again i buying amd gpu ! And cpu ass well trash ryzens always troubles with ram etc.No no thanks!FCK OFF AMD AND AMF ENCODER!
No encoder needed to understand your opinion....I just don't agree with it though. But maybe saying that without all the cursing might make me wrong. But hey, works for me.