Always streaming and recording game stuttering.

calvin2sr

Hi, i need your help.
When I am streaming or when i am recording from obs, I always notice stuttering in the final result but not in game playing. I don't know what is the reason. I have tried everything. I have disable the game mode, disable preview, I have left only a main monitor 144 hz (previously had 60 hz connected). I have activated vsync in-game (although I notice input lag). And whatever I do I always have stuttering. I attach the log of my last streaming and the twitch link in case you want to appreciate the stuttering. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2020-07-21 22-29-06.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 41

qhobbes

1. In Windows 10 versions 1809 and newer, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled for maximum gaming performance. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows 10 "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode
2. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates (120 hz and 60 hz), so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
3. Not performance related but having the YUV Color range set to "Full" will cause playback issues in certain browsers and on various video platforms. Shadows, highlights and color will look off. In OBS, go to "Settings -> Advanced" and set "YUV Color Range" back to "Partial".

calvin2sr

1. Game mode enabled->Same stuttering. 60Hz monitor disconnected->Same stuttering.
2 Updated to Windows 10 2004 update version-> Same stuttering.
3.YUV Color Range, Partial option selected->same stuttering.

I'm desperate .

Thank you for the replies.

calvin2sr

I can see the stuttering problem even in the obs preview, without being streming or recording.
analyzer.PNG

Attachments

• 2020-07-22 17-10-20.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 24

qhobbes

Try unchecking the box Psycho Visual Tuning and using Quality instead of Max Quality preset.

calvin2sr

mmm, i think the stuttering is the same... Can you see this video and say your opinion about if you see stuttering or not?
I see other 60 fps Fortnite streamings and i see the movements are more smooth than in my stream.

60Hz monitor and limit 60 fps the game, its impossible to see and play. Disabling vsync i have a lot ot tearing. Enabling vsync i have a lot of imput lag.

rockbottom

Honestly, Fortnite always looks like it's stuttering to me. I can't even watch my kid play it. When you get a chance, post the log from the session.

calvin2sr

Honestly, Fortnite always looks like it's stuttering to me. I can't even watch my kid play it. When you get a chance, post the log from the session.
Yes, i only see it good good when i enable vsync when i play in 144Hz monitor. But this is another problem,hehe.

I see 60 fps Fortnite streamings smother than mine and i dont know the reason.

Edit: i attach the log.

Attachments

• 2020-07-22 23-02-31.txt
    15.1 KB · Views: 26

calvin2sr

I did a test. I recorded from obs with video options Factional FPS Value (Numerator 288, Denominator 2). I get a 144 fps video. When i see the final video on a 144hz monitor, i feel a little stuttering. When i move the vlc window to 60hz monitor, i feel a lot of stuttering. I think is not my feelings about differeces between 144hz and 60 hz because i saw 60 fps stremings on twitch that do not have this effect.
I'm going to upload the video so you can check it. Can anyone help me? Thank you.
https://gofile.io/d/mAUA8U

calvin2sr

I have news. See these 2 videos.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/690821985?filter=archives&sort=time 144 fps in game with vsync and 60 fps on obs. You can see stuttering for example 00:03:00 when i jump)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/691671055 60 fps in game with vsync and 60 fps on obs. I can not see the stuttering.

I think the stuttering that i see is because the conversion from 144 fps to 60 fps.

I have tried to enable the option "limit capture frame rate" but i have a lot more stuttering in the final video.

With this enabled option, the video shouldn't be better?

Thank you.

calvin2sr

Correct, although Windows 2004 is supposed to clear this up...

When you're recording/streaming with OBS try setting the 144Hz monitor at 120Hz.
But i thought that the problem happened when you have 2 monitors with different Hz at the same time. I did the test with the same monitor, no different monitors.

I did the 120 Hz test. Only 1 monitor connected.

I feel the stuttering.

I dont understand why the option "limit capture frame rate" does not work. If i enable this option, the stuttering increases.
if I activate this option it is to solve the type of problem I am having, right?

rockbottom

Sorry Calvin, thought you still had both monitors hooked up.

My PC monitor is 120Hz but I operate it at 60Hz so it matches the other monitors I have connected to my 1660 Super. I can't test beyond 120Hz, so hopefully somebody running at 144Hz will be able to help you out.