Allow syncing Jack Transport Controls with OBS Start/Stop record/Stream & Media source start playback

ericfont

A lot of my workflow is with Jack transport programs on Linux, such as Ardour and MuseScore, and could be made much more efficient by having them nicely communicate with OBS via Jack. I know how to use Jack audio input of course. However I want to also be able to start and stop OBS recording and media file playback when the jack playback on those other jack programs is started or stopped.

I am very familiar with Qt and would be willing to implement this myself. Only change in interface would be a checkbox option in main preferences and in the Media source properties to sync with Jack Playback.

ericfont

I'm thinking for media file playback start/stop, to make it work on systems without jack, what I'll do is have OBS's internal StartRecording signal simply be optionally in control of starting/stopping media file playback. And then I only need to worry about integrating jack with the OBS's internal Start/Stop recording/streaming signals.