All of a sudden, no desktop audio detection

Beefy1223

I have been using OBS to stream and record for 3 years now, and I've gotten a problem I am truly stumped on.

As of this afternoon, July 3rd, 2020, OBS is not showing any incoming audio from my "Desktop Audio" device, which is set to an output of my headset. My Elgato HD60 connected to my PS4 Pro collects audio just fine and is recognized on the audio meters. My microphone, set as default Audio input device can be heard with no problems by OBS. I can have music running on my desktop and be playing a game and OBS during recording and streaming has audio from my mic, but none from the applications on my desktop (game and Spotify included). It is a very frustrating problem that I hope someone can help me with. I will attach two log files, one from a stream test, and one from a recording. I've also included the log file from the first open today with the issues after reinstalling, if it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 1,638
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 1,431
  • 2020-07-03 19-58-41.txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 2020-07-04 02-55-19.txt
    41.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 2020-07-04 03-10-52.txt
    16.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

carlmmii

strange, but i suppose a windows update broke it.
FIX for anyone else that gets this problem:
turn windows sonic (7.1) on
apply changes
turn windows sonic (7.1) off.

Beefy1223

BRO, I'm in love with you. Thank god we didn't have that many good games last night in campaigns lol

FOR ANYONE VISITING THIS THREAD AFTER THIS POINT, THE ABOVE SOLUTION WORKS, JUST READ THE THREAD IN IT'S ENTIRETY.

Mainly the stuff about the 7/1 settings in your headset options once you pull up Audio Device settings.

On, apply, off, apply. Give it 3 seconds and you will see audio in OBS.

Attachments

• Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 3,557
  • Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 3,702
  • Screenshot_8.jpg
    Screenshot_8.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3,554

SupuhSel

THANK YOU!!! I have been struggling for the past week to fix this. I had downloaded the Voicemod from stream deck and that's when it all went down hill. All the other forums I came across didn't work and I am glad that this was not only recent but also helped my problem! I ended up deleting voicemod haha.

lordopiewan

Is there a solution like this for MacOS Big Sur? Cant listen to preview of OBS audio on headset or internal speakers

theoddpaw