Question / Help All game captures besides one are black

Potionstat

Currently I can am trying to use Game Capture to stream XCOM 2 and Shadow of Mordor, which both give black screens in preview and in stream. I've been able to get Game Capture to work using default settings with Hearthstone, but both of these don't work, even in windowed and borderless windowed modes. I can get it to work with monitor capture, however when streamed it produces a still image of the first frame of recording, while my overlay and webcam work flawlessly.

Posting a log, though I might be doing this improperly, as the uploader for the forum doesn't seem to be working more me. If this ends up wrong, I apologize.

Attachments

• 2016-10-13 21-24-28.txt
    36.8 KB · Views: 12

Potionstat

I've successfully gotten it to work with a window capture in borderless windowed mode. But good god, how is it supposed to work with game capture? Is everyone playing these titles on twitch having to run in borderless windows?

I suddenly started having problems with Game Capture not being able to hook into full screen anymore. Worked fine on 15.4, updated to 16.2 and nada. Went back to 15.4 but didn't clear my config, still no hook. I'm going to dump the config and try again this weekend with both 15.4 and 16.2 to see if it comes back. In the meantime it is at least working with monitor capture, though now that I'm back on Windows 7 I'm having to have OBS disable Aero again. That's not going to be ideal when I get around to playing Skyrim again, the game ran perfect with Aero enabled, but chopped down to around 15fps with it disabled, didn't matter whether I was in full screen or borderless window, but at least in full screen OBS could capture even with Aero enabled.

I also noticed it refuses to connect to Twitch again, if I use any other encoder but x264 for the streaming output. 15.4 had no problem using QuickSync which allowed me to up the resolution and bitrate without digging into my CPU more than I cared to have.