Airpods not working.

AtomicLLamas

OBS works fine when the airpods aren't connected, it records audio and the screen without any problems. until I connect bluetooth headphones. Then it completely disables my sound until I close out. (I can't hear anything like youtube or games playing while OBS is open), and it disables the microphone until I restart my computer. I am using the latest OBS and airpods as the headphones connected through a bluetooth adaptor. The airpods also work great until I open OBS. Any help would be much appreciated.

schtonn

It seems that Airpods use two seperate modes to communicate. One is for playing audio only, and has a better sound quailty (called Stereo). The other can play audio as well as record, but has worse sound quality (called Hands-Free AG). On apple devices they automatically switch modes, but on PC you have to do it manually.
OBS recognizes Airpods and tries to record from it, but it is still in Stereo mode, that causes a conflict and disables Airpods. There are two ways to resolve this, one is to click on the volume button and change the output mode to Hands-Free AG, or you can select the microphone in OBS and change the recording device to another microphone.