Advice for System Build

HoPZ

I have looked over many many threads on build advice for building a streaming server. However, I am getting a bit lost, in what specs I really need. I am not planning on gaming at all, or streaming anything too intense. I am a technical trainer for a cloud provider, and basically I would like to stream my talking head on top of my presentation. Or ontop a web browser. Nothing too intense with multiple streams and multiple camera angles.

I have seen a lot of talk about Rzen 9 porcessors, and high end graphics cards. I could spend thousands of dollars on a machine that is most likely only be used for my classes.

My Mac laptop from my employer is not sufficient for my needs. I am planning a Windows mchine, based on all the threads I havae seen, it appears windows is a bit more condusive to OBS. Since I am a Mac guy, I will not be using this box for much else, so I would like to keep the cost down as much as possible.

Any help would be appreciated, I have found the System Requirements for OBS, really generalized, with not a lot of direction. Thanks

Truthler

"Nothing too intense with multiple streams and multiple camera angles. "
Than why do you need a strong machine for that?

Any modern RTX NVIDIA card will provide super HW encoding speed, even in 4K resolution too.