Advanced Scene Switcher Not working

TobyBrady

It's been a few months since I've livestreamed. Fire up the OBS and it wants to update, so I do that.
Now a bunch of my scenes are missing and the Advanced Scene Switcher can't get it to work like it used to.
I figured out the how to build the sequence but it only rolls thru the cameras one time. It used to just loop and keep going.
How do I get it to loop so I can just play music and let the switcher do it's thing??

JohnBBeta

make sure you download and install the latest version of adv scene switcher. it might lose your old sequences though. this happened to me. so i installed an older v of OBS that the older adv scene plug in supported, exported the sequences, ran the updates again then imported the sequences. all back to normal after that.

Lawrence_SoCal

OBS v28, per OBS Studio the readme/pop-up v28 notice during upgrade mentions that plugins may (probably should have said - almost all typical plugins WILL) require updating.
See AdvSS docs/thread for instructions on updating that plugin and not losing any of your settings. (there are scenarios that end up in re-creating AdSS settings, so beware).
I'd follow John's steps

TobyBrady

thanks for the suggestions. I did get the new ADVSS and was able to build out the macro with all my cameras and intro. The problem I'm having is getting them to loop and just repeat for the entire time I'm broadcasting. I then have my mouse set up to go to my end scene/outro...blah... As it is currently, when I start the Macro it will only run one time thru and stop on the last scene. The old one would start over if you stacked the scenes properly. I did just as I had before and it's not looping.

Lawrence_SoCal

I'm guessing you updated to a newer AdvSS, and some things have changed over time as Exceldro has flushed out the Macro section. Granted its long, but skimming thru his plugin thread can be quite informative. And depending on how to upgraded (started fresh with AdvSS or did it pull in some older configs?).. there can be legacy settings that don't translate well. works fine for most, but there are always edge cases (in almost all s/w) that require special handling... no idea if that is your situaiton ... regardless, the plugin thread best place for assistance

TobyBrady

Yeah, I've looked for HOURS and nothing seems address why the Macro won't just loop until I tell it not to.
I'm not a super "Tech" so all ADSS acronyms I have to look up or guess at the meaning.
Looks like its a one camera, static livestream from now on... arrgghh

JohnBBeta

I don't use macros personall, I just have a sequence of scenes. Make sure its circular so you don't end up with an open loop so it just gets stuck at the end of your list of scene changes. And make sure its actually turned on! good luck.