Adding custom RTMP streams to your Scene

swak

One functionality I did a search and didn't see any mention this directly. One of the nice features of xSplit is that having the ability to add a custom RTMP address to your scene, we have used this for different cross video purposes and would love to see this added so I can officially drop my xSplit.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I agree that this would be a cool feature in OBS. Personally, I use a program called vMix to incorporate RTMP sources, as well as do a lot of other really cool video mixing things. It has really opened up the things I can do with my casts. I highly recommend it.

Muf

Forum Moderator
Zephiris said:
This plugin may be able to accomplish what you need

(Keep in mind it is currently in the early stages of development.)
As far as I know, ffmpeg by itself can't open rtmp streams. You need rtmpdump to make the connection and pipe the stream into ffmpeg. You'll probably have to funnel rtmpdump's output into a named pipe, and open the named pipe in the OBS ffmpeg plugin somehow. No idea about the specifics of how one would go about doing that, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just noticed the screenshot for the ffmpeg plugin includes an "rtmp://" URL in the playlist, so I'd guess it's supported then.