"Add video capture device" defaults to 1280x720, need 1920x1080. Should I select "Simple FPS Values" 59.94 for recording only?

kstebbs

I'm having the same issue. This capture device worked flawlessly over the past couple of weeks with a 1080p input. I fired it up today - no settings changed - and now I'm suddenly only able to choose 720p. This definitely feels like an OBS issue. No solutions yet, it seems.

kstebbs

Just following up here... it turned out to be a bug in my capture device, but I was able to find a solve by doing the following:

1. Close OBS
2. Disconnect all cables from capture device.
3. Plug in USB to capture device
4. Plug in HDMI IN to capture device
5. Open OBS, and set up your source (this is when the higher resolutions showed up for me)
6. Then plug in your HDMI OUT pass through.

For whatever reason, the higher resolutions weren't being sent over USB if I was already sending the pass through signal through my HDMI OUT (which I use for watching my Xbox as I play). Hopefully this helps someone!

chalthik60

Each time I do this 30 second test, I do things in this order: delete video capture device source, put log in different folder, close obs, open obs, create new video capture device source.