add note in audio-settings about scene-audio-sources

davesf

EDIT: I see that what I want to do is completely possible, just not very discoverable... It might be nice to add a text-note in settings->audio reminding users they can also add audio captures sources as a scene source. The rest of this post left as original for clarity...

-----

Currently, OBS supports capturing TWO desktop output audio devices, and FOUR microphone audio devices.

However, I want to capture THREE desktop output audio devices (game, music, voice chat -- from goXLR) and ONE microphone (my mic) -- this way I can have all my audio channels on separate tracks.

This would be much simpler and more flexible if there were just SIX audio device selection pulldowns (since there are six audio tracks supported), and each pulldown contained BOTH desktop output audio devices, and microphone input audio devices.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do what I want today, is to use virtual audio cable to route some of the audio to microphone input devices, but this creates delays, and sync problems when some audio is delayed and some is not.

Last edited:

davesf

@Harold - OMG! That's perfect. I didn't know that existed! This will do exactly what I want, thanks!

It would make this more discover-able to put even a simple a text-note in settings->audio about being able to add audio-devices as a scene source. The stuff in settings just looks so complex and specific I didn't even bother looking anywhere else.

KodiakJedi

I was having a similar issue when I got my GoXLR. My problem was that I couldn't actually mute individual sources. I'd mute the audio that I'd hear but OBS still captured the audio. In the end, I used GoXLR to send my audio to the Broadcast Stream Mix. So all my various sources went there. I then selected that as an Mic/Aux option. I disabled the Desktop audio as that was now going through the mix and I can now use all the sliders to mute and adjust the audio on my mic, games, music, and then system overall.

NAVZ121

I was having a similar issue when I got my GoXLR. My problem was that I couldn't actually mute individual sources. I'd mute the audio that I'd hear but OBS still captured the audio. In the end, I used GoXLR to send my audio to the Broadcast Stream Mix. So all my various sources went there. I then selected that as an Mic/Aux option. I disabled the Desktop audio as that was now going through the mix and I can now use all the sliders to mute and adjust the audio on my mic, games, music, and then system overall.

Hey KodiakJedi/Harold. When I select Broadcast Stream Mix as my Mic/Aux Option 1, it shows in the Mixer but there's no bars or audio shown. I've tried creating a main source for all audio sources, to mimic the Broadcast Stream Mix. But like you've mentioned before, I'd like to control the audio volume from the GoXLR itself. In my pc: Settings>Adv Audio Config, I see obs64 and assigned the Broadcast Stream Mix to the Input of obs64; but still no Audio.. Please help