Question / Help Add delay on sources

Paolo07700

Hello,
I want to use an RTMP server to retrieve different PC streams (for a Lan party), that my PC in Cloud Computing will read on OBS VLC source and then send it on Twitch.
But I will also play on this PC and my camera will be 1 stream that this PC will recover.
However the streams have about 5 seconds latency, so I have to synchronize the sources of game captures, screenshot, window capture, and so on.

However I only found the solution to put a rendering delay filter, but the maximum is 500 ms, so I made about 10x500 ms so 10 rendering delay filters ... Which is pretty annoying to put in place, and I wish to know if there is no solution other than this one?

I followed the tutorial on your forum for the creation of the server rtmp with nginx.

Thank you in advance !

Suslik V

All info in the thread. Async Delay and Sync Offset if needed. The only disadvantage of Render Delay is that it stores data in video memory almost uncompressed (you may find info posted by @Jim - how it works and why the possible delay is so short by default), so it eats a lot of video RAM. Encoded data is less demanding.

Two instances of OBS Studio by the same PC were used because Render Delay filter was not written yet and it was only single PC setup to stream from. Generally, it doesn't matter where on local network or by same PC is located OBS Studio that receives encoded stream(s) and re-encodes it. As far as I know, NDI plugin from the site's Resources section is for party play, usually used in OBS Studio.

Paolo07700

All info in the thread. Async Delay and Sync Offset if needed. The only disadvantage of Render Delay is that it stores data in video memory almost uncompressed (you may find info posted by @Jim - how it works and why the possible delay is so short by default), so it eats a lot of video RAM. Encoded data is less demanding.

Two instances of OBS Studio by the same PC were used because Render Delay filter was not written yet and it was only single PC setup to stream from. Generally, it doesn't matter where on local network or by same PC is located OBS Studio that receives encoded stream(s) and re-encodes it. As far as I know, NDI plugin from the site's Resources section is for party play, usually used in OBS Studio.

Thanks for your answer!
Okay, but there is no other solution? And what is the NDI plugin for?

I am president and founder of an french association. This one will soon organize its own LAN, and I intend to use its Web TV to transmit the event live. For that I created a server RTMP under Nginx, so that the PCs of the scene (about 5 PCs) sends the stream of their cameras and screens, on the local RTMP server, which shines will also use OBS to mount the live streams (local control) and the send on the final controller to send only 1 stream (actually 2 streams because my camera is apart, you later understand why), while if we use an RTMP server on a VPS the LTE BOX will not hold it.

There is a final control room because my PC that will be on the scene is a PC in cloud computing, so I have to recover the stream of my camera and put it on the software in order to capture my game that is on this PC because I pay a PC in the cloud to play, I intend to use it and stream with.
However there is latency when I get the stream of this camera, and to synchronize the game capture etc with it is quite complex because the software (OBS) does not really have an option for that, and we has no real reference (well I cross if not tell me how to do but in any case I did not find how to delay the rendering of the game capture source except for a filter but can only go up to 500ms and often it's more than that if you know tell me).

I'm trying to have 0 latency with the stream, but I do not know how, I based on this tutorial to create my server rtmp: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/how-to-set-up-your-own-private-rtmp-server-using-nginx.50

In addition, the local server that will collect and mount live on OBS local streams will there be latency too? Logically seen that it is local no. Because even on my local PC I have a latency when I use 2 instances of OBS (one for stream to the local RTMP server on the same PC, and the other to take the flux juste for testing it), and I have a latency! How I
What can I do ?
And in addition I wish to recover the signal of the final control room to transmit it on a projector to the LAN, and all this must be live and I am overwhelmed ...

Thank you in advance !

Suslik V

With OBS Studio the NDI is like a filter - you adding it to source, it doing its own encoding and this source can be send over network to other OBS Studio instance (usually, face cams of other players collected by final PC that streams final picture worldwide).

P.S. Async Delay and Sync Offset is not an option for you?

Last edited:

Paolo07700

With OBS Studio the NDI is like a filter - you adding it to source, it doing its own encoding and this source can be send over network to other OBS Studio instance (usually, face cams of other players collected by final PC that streams final picture worldwide).

P.S. Async Delay and Sync Offset is not an option for you?

Hello,
Sorry for the delay.
I use actually NDI Medialooks software, and the plugin NDI for OBS Studio, to send my webcam on my local PC to my cloud gaming computer with low latency.
But now Medialooks, has made its software pay if you want to send or receive multiple NDI streams up to $ 150 per month.
Well, to send only my webcam is not annoying but the flow is not a priority on their server so it is possible to have disruption to force to buy their product.
It's too much, and I need a similar technology to send my camera on my PC in cloud gaming, but also for my LAN Party stream project of my association.
Is there any other similar software or technology that allows this?

Thank you.