Activating a source when something is detected on screen (or in game)

Skirbae

Hi folks!

I'm looking to see if a plugin already exists or if it is possible to achieve the following using OBS.

On a game called Hell Let Loose, when you click a certain button a map appears on your screen - it always pops up in the same position and exists in the same area of the screen every time.

Streamers are having difficulty streaming the game because this map gives away the position of the player - and many big streamers have two PC setups so associating a keybind to cover the map with some kind of image isn't possible.

Essentially what i'm wondering is - is there a plugin that exists that could detect when the map appears on the screen (for example the border of the map) which then automatically activates another object in OBS (like an image, or a blurred object). I imagine a degree of AI maybe needed for this kinda thing? We're really just looking for something that can detect when the screen that is being captured changes in some kind of way which then activates the visibility of another object in OBS.

Thank you to anyone in advance that can help with this and apologies if this isn't clear enough!

Warmuptill

You might be able to achieve this using the advanced scene switcher's pattern matching.

PatternMatch.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Warmuptill

It is a great thing that you brought this topic up. I am actually wondering about the same thing. I am not really the type of person who is techy and knows this stuff but I do want to learn more about this since it is something that I am going to do for a while. Anyway, do you guys have any recommendations or advice when it comes to this?
At least on advanced scene switcher side the pattern recognition relies on the functionality provided by OpenCV.
You don't have to use C++ to use OpenCV as python bindings are available also.
If you want more details have a look at: