Activate Transition through URL

JFTiger

I would like to activate a transition by URL, Java Script or PHP though some kind of PHP API maybe?

I found a few ways to do this through WebSockets, but their super old 4.x and not compatible with 5.x or does not specifically says how to change scenes with a URL.
Not sure if I found this through this forum or a web search but it uses Java Script, Which the author says stopped working yesterday April 3, 2024.

Here's what I've done so far.
I set up a OBS Scene with a Browser Source.
PHP randomly selects a Picture or Video to display from a list.
I have a Java Script timer that will refresh the page for Pictures and another that will refresh the page when the Video ends playing.

The reason I want to have OBS activate a transition or switch scenes is to make the transition form one webpage refresh to another more interesting. This is how I see it working.
(Scene) Carousel 1 -> (Source) Browser Source
Timer reaches 0, redirects Browser Source to URL that will activate a transition in OBS.
Transition completes and loads Carousel 2 (Unless I can activate a transition or scene change and return to the original scene
Carousel 2 timer reaches 0, redirects Browser Source to URL that will activate transition in OBS.
Transition completes and loads Carousel 1 until I manually change scene.

I've used the built in Image Slide Show and gave it a folder of files to display but it didn't show any video's. It appears to be locked to pictures or video and not both. The next issue I have with it, it shows the same image too many times in a row before moving on to another set of images. Also all of the images have the same screen time, I'd like them to be more dynamic.

I'm sure there are way less resource intensive ways to do this than a local web server but I don't have enough experience with other languages yet to make this work.