Question / Help Accidentally became an advanced user, how to reset?

Kloppstock

Im a newbie to this software and im really not interested to learn any advanced feat either, just wanna continue to be able to
simply record the screen...worked fine until i accidentally klicked on some advanced feat that looks like this attachment
2019-03-18 05_46_32-Greenshot.jpg2019-03-18 12_35_32-Greenshot.jpg
as you can see the recording screen is black under this..odd window, and there is no way i can resett this no matter if i delete
the sourche and the job...this is the new deafult

What have i done? i prefer to not force myself to reinstall soft..

https://obsproject.com/logs/WKCMq0RMYRywiY5Y

Narcogen

That's not an advanced feature, that's what happens when you capture the display that OBS is running on.

Kloppstock

That's not an advanced feature, that's what happens when you capture the display that OBS is running on.
No....upon startup of the program i have seen my desktop screen...not this blackscreen behind
Do you got any suggestion how to click to get back?

Last edited:

koala

You're seeing your desktop screen. OBS is fullscreen on the desktop screen, so you're seeing fullscreen OBS. Whatever it is that was displayed previously, the current preview is exactly what is expected. If you have 2 monitors, move OBS on the other monitor, so it gets out of the way, and you will see what's behind OBS.

Kloppstock

You're seeing your desktop screen. OBS is fullscreen on the desktop screen, so you're seeing fullscreen OBS. Whatever it is that was displayed previously, the current preview is exactly what is expected. If you have 2 monitors, move OBS on the other monitor, so it gets out of the way, and you will see what's behind OBS.
Thanks,
well i reinstalled and now i didnt recieve black background behind and duplicates

cause if you compare this new pic with the two in the thread start you see the difference i experience now
2.jpg
I simply dont understand why pic 1 formed that stair of screen duplicates inside the main screen, and you see the same pattern in pic 2
... thats why i still think i hit some button... or what was this 5+ duplicates?

In any case it works now

Last edited:

koala

You simply maximized OBS.
Is this, don't get me wrong, but is this your first day on a Windows PC?

The cascaded windows within the OBS preview is the same as if you look at parallel mirrors in a room. The preview shows what is on the desktop. On the desktop is OBS, so the preview shows the desktop with OBS. Now, on the desktop is a OBS with a preview of the desktop with OBS. So the preview is now the desktop with OBS with a preview of the desktop with OBS with a preview of the desktop with OBS. And so on ad infinitum.

Kloppstock

You simply maximized OBS.
Is this, don't get me wrong, but is this your first day on a Windows PC?

The cascaded windows within the OBS preview is the same as if you look at parallel mirrors in a room. The preview shows what is on the desktop. On the desktop is OBS, so the preview shows the desktop with OBS. Now, on the desktop is a OBS with a preview of the desktop with OBS. So the preview is now the desktop with OBS with a preview of the desktop with OBS with a preview of the desktop with OBS. And so on ad infinitum.
Yeah you are right...i can see clearly now, well this is pretty horryfying to see this
"cascade" multiplying cell division mirror image, since my mind have the same drawback as one with dementia i cant spot
this kind of things initially, attention disorder

I have used this software for 2 month now....without maximize the cascade window intil this week
I have used computers since windows 3.11 btw :)