Ability to change replay buffer output path based on the name of a program or game?

Rexxed

Hey all, I've been using OBS for a while now, and I've saved up a few hundred GB's of replays on my HDD. Issue is, I have to sort them manually which is a huge pain in the butt considering applications like ShadowPlay do it automatically for you. I was wondering if there was any way of doing this by creating a script or is there something I can do in the naming scheme settings of OBS?

Just to be clear, I want to be able to save my replay, then OBS will check what game I'm in and place the replay in the folder associated with the title of the game, or make a new folder with the title of the game to put the video in. It's the same way ShadowPlay works, but unfortunately because ShadowPlay and AMD's ReLive only support 2 audio tracks, I can't use them.

If anyone has any idea of how this might be able to be accomplished, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it.

redraskal

Just replying to see if you made any progress with naming it according to the window
Hey, I made a script that functions exactly like ShadowPlay. It takes the window title from a source specifically called "Game Capture" and moves replay files to these sub-folders upon creation. You need to name the game capture source accordingly, rest is automatic.

rkso0

Hey, I made a script that functions exactly like ShadowPlay. It takes the window title from a source specifically called "Game Capture" and moves replay files to these sub-folders upon creation. You need to name the game capture source accordingly, rest is automatic.

is it still work + there is no installation guide, so how install it