Question / Help A Question about B-frames in NVENC H.264

MrBayeasy

Hey I just had a quick question about B-Frames in OBS Studio, does increasing them in the H.264 NVENC section increase or decrease the quality of video, also what is the performance impact?

I am using a dedicated streaming/recording PC to do all of the work so this wont be affecting my gaming PC. With that in mind can I set this to a value of higher than 2 (if that does indeed increase the quality) will this affect my stream in a negative way (I use x264 for the stream, essentially splitting the workload between my CPU [ryzen 7 1700] and GPU [GTX 970])

Thanks for your knowledge and help, have a fantastic day! +)

Suslik V

You can use Ctrl + Numpad_Plus combination to zoom the page view area of the browser. No need to use large fonts in the message.

B-frames? 1..2 is optimal value. The max possible number highly depends on hardware.

MrBayeasy

You can use Ctrl + Numpad_Plus combination to zoom the page view area of the browser. No need to use large fonts in the message.

B-frames? 1..2 is optimal value. The max possible number highly depends on hardware.

Yes but do they actually affect quality like a value of 2 will look better than 1 and so on as the numbers get higher? Also I only did that because someone complained that they couldnt read one of my previous posts. Thanks for your help thus far.