A love letter to the OBS project and everyone involved in it

Meduax

When I first discovered OBS, it was still in its very very early stages. Crashes were not uncommon in the slightest, neither were audio/video synchronization issues. And the interface just seemed too overly complicated to me, having a bit of experience with XSplit. Then I rediscovered it after some time and decided to give it a try. Proper game capture (the best I have ever seen to this date by the way, a major "selling point" to me) had been implemented and to put it simply, I was amazed at how much better this was than anything I had used before. Granted, the interface didn't really change but I quickly began to like it.
Now, OBS is not even my streaming solution (I have yet to get into live streaming, lol) but is replacing Dxtory (and the occasional Fraps) as my primary recording tool for a small YouTube channel I run as I wanted to get into 60 FPS with reasonable effort. Your amazing low-impact game capturing as well as capture device support in combination with maximum bitrate Intel Quick Sync encoding allows me to do just that.

I have donated a small amount of money quite a while ago and might do so again because I believe that this project is something truly special. I couldn't appreciate the amount of time invested by everyone involved in this more. And with the rewrite in the works with the chance of being even better, these are exciting times. I shall continue stalking your GitHub repository and these forums to see what we might see in the future. ;)

tl;dr OBS is awesome.
Seriously, thank you so much!