8/9 seconds delay

Pozzy

Hi all,
I'm a totally newbie about games streaming but I would like to start.

I have installed OBS on my macbook pro 15-inch 2018 with this specs:
1627805573896.png

I would like to stream Pokemon Unite from my Switch.
I don't have much money to start, so I bought a Genki ShadowCast https://www.genkithings.com/products/shadowcast.

The Switch is connected with ShadowCast to my macbook through usb-c, the macbook is connected to my TV via HDMI.
All connected through LAN cable, not wifi.

I live in Italy and this is my speedtest:
1627805786146.png

These are the settings from OBS:
1627805846920.png

1627805865477.png

1627805889696.png

I have tried the Twitch inspector and all seems fine, but there isn't a video to test.
So I heve start a private streaming to Youtube and I have noticed 8 to 9 seconds of delay, also if I set "very low latency" on Youtube.

There is a way to reduce this delay? For a MOBA i think this is too much, furthermore if I will do some match with some viewers I need no delay (I hope there will some viewers xD).

Thank you!

Pozzy

Hi, thank you for the reply.
I only think it is too much because when I see a streamer on Twitch or YT seems that all is on delay 0 or 1/2 seconds.
But this is only a newbie thought.

nottooloud

How are you evaluating their delay? They do a thing, and some arbitrary time later, you see it. Facebook and YouTube typically run 15-30 seconds behind. Type a chat, and see how long it takes them to respond.

Pozzy

How are you evaluating their delay? They do a thing, and some arbitrary time later, you see it. Facebook and YouTube typically run 15-30 seconds behind. Type a chat, and see how long it takes them to respond.

Hi, chat messages arrive instantly.

nottooloud

How are you timing that? I run a countdown clock before streams on YouTube and Facebook. I watch the streams on another machine. The stream is always 15-30 seconds behind. When a performer asks a question, there's dead air until the latency catches up and people actually hear it.