Question / Help 64bit VS 32bit OBS

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
64bit OBS uses 64bit x264, which is a bit more efficient on 64bit systems than 32bit x264.

Devices that don't have 64bit drivers won't show up as capture devices in 64bit OBS.

Otherwise, they are the same. It used to be the case that 64bit OBS couldn't capture 32bit games and vice versa, but that is no longer the case.

Videophile

Elgato
Thanks for the info.

So does that mean it needs theoretically less CPU for the same calculations as 32bit?

Also, can you confirm if the Micomsoft Xcapture-1 will work with the 64bit version?

And another question, do you think a retina macbook pro(i7 3.x.x.x, 2.3Ghz, 8 core) will be able to encode and scale 1080p60 from the Xcapture to 720p60?

Thanks for the help. Dodgepong, you sir are awesome. +1 on the internet.

Phil

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
You might see a 5% performance increase of 64bit x264 over 32bit.

And yes, the XCAPTURE-1 works on 64bit OBS.

I haven't a clue if that Macbook can do that...do you know if it's a Sandy, Ivy, or Haswell i7? And what kind of GPU. I don't want to say yes or no one way or the other for fear of being wrong. Also, I don't know if the Macbook has Intel or Renesas USB 3.0 controllers, which are mandatory for the XCAPTURE-1.

Videophile

Elgato
dodgepong said:
I haven't a clue if that Macbook can do that...do you know if it's a Sandy, Ivy, or Haswell i7? And what kind of GPU. I don't want to say yes or no one way or the other for fear of being wrong. Also, I don't know if the Macbook has Intel or Renesas USB 3.0 controllers, which are mandatory for the XCAPTURE-1.
So far I have not been able to get the X-capture 1 to work on the base retina macbook pro. When plugged in, windows sees the device, and tries to install the software, but just gets stuck(Windows 8). Might try some other things, but the fact that its recognized is a good sign.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Can you check your device manager and see if you can find "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller" or "Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller"?