60 FPS in Video ist actual 59.49 FPS in record

ok im definitive shure there's something wrong.
setting the fps to 50 results in PAL 50fps and nothing is choppy even with bitrates of 1Gbit and up

you can set anything in the fps except 60 and Bitrate Viewer will show you the exact fps you set in OBS.
Only if you set 60 it will show ntsc 59.94

im gonna git clone and look into it if i find some hints

NalaNosivad

It doesn't have to be a full 30-60 minute long file, of course. Even 30 second long ones that have the problem and don't would be good enough!

I just ran Bitrate Viewer on one of my files, and...

c65a6d55f6283052c61c77a2a8a62998.png

Something tells me it isn't the most accurate piece of software if it thinks my video is at 1000fps. It's also calculating the average bitrate as 1051Mbps...

The average bitrate of that file is 63.1Mbps, and was captured using NVENC with a CQP of 16.

i still think theres something wrong with ffmpeg in 0.15.2 version.
please look at header. x264 always sais baseline and nvenc always main even if using high profile.

can you confirm that.

NalaNosivad

i still think theres something wrong with ffmpeg in 0.15.2 version.
please look at header. x264 always sais baseline and nvenc always main even if using high profile.

can you confirm that.
That's interesting... my build isn't exactly 0.15.2, it's compiled with a newer version of ffmpeg than the official releases, but my NVENC captures do report they're using the main profile. A quick test recording I just did with x264 did produce a high profile file, though. Even with the official 0.15.2 release, so I'm not sure why you would only be getting nothing but baseline.

Ok, i took my file that Bitrate Viewer reported as 59.94 and processed it with handbrake (crf=0 preset ultrafast so it stays lossless) audio streams were copied and i set constand framerate.

did this two times (fps automatic and fixed to 60) and both resulted as 60fps then in Bitrate Viewer and JUST LIKE MAGIC IT IS NOT CHOPPY in Premiere. WOW

a simple remux with ffmeg did not change the fps (after remuxing it stayed 59.94) so i thinks its something in the h264 stream not the container.

So the Solution for Premiere users for now is: use handbrake and encode lossles again with copying audio streams.

please try it for yourself to confirm
hint: premiere takes mutch mutch longer after adding the file to your project

also i just saw the file is mutch smaller than the obs file (obs = 11GB, handbrake =8GB wtf?)