4K Display Capture Coming in to OBS at 8K?!?

CKTD

Hey there, I appreciate anyones time on this. I'm new to OBS (been using it for about 6 months) and a technical director for what previously were live shows. So I feel like I'm pretty tech savvy but I cannot seem to figure this one out.

So I have a 3 monitor setup - (1) 5K ultrawide as a main monitor - (2) 4K TVs as my capture and program monitors. I am running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 and I have OBS 26.0.2 - all recently updated. I didn't have this problem until about 2 weeks ago, and I have been trouble shooting ever since.

When I try to Display Capture something from either 4K monitor - lets say a 1080 OBS Ninja feed - when I set that up in OBS, it natively sets the source size to be 7680x4320 basically 8K instead of what it actually is 3840x2160 4K... This is mainly an issue for me when cropping, I usually type in pixel numbers to crop but now everything is doubled and when I do try to crop it doesn't really function properly. I can re-size the source to 4K but the crop numbers still have to be doubled and again, is not very reliable.

I am pretty certain this is a glitch or a weird setting I'm missing?

Attachments

• Pasted_Image_10_22_20__10_20_AM.png
    Pasted_Image_10_22_20__10_20_AM.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 47