432 vs 440

Krazy

Town drunk
Huh?

oh, I get it, you are confusing sample rate with pitch frequency. The sample rate in OBS does not correspond to audio pitch like...at all.

Carefoot

Krazy said:
Huh?

oh, I get it, you are confusing sample rate with pitch frequency. The sample rate in OBS does not correspond to audio pitch like...at all.

How do I change my pitch in OBS then?

ThoNohT

Developer
You don't change pitch. Whatever audio you feed it, you will get out of it. Pitch is entirely unrelated to how audio is encoded.

Carefoot

Ok. I know it audacity though I can change my recorded audio pitch from 441, to 432 by multiple methods one by changing it from A to F tuning (by 0.32 I believe) or I can just select the tuning at the bottom and resave it in 432 which has the same thing. I think it does though if you encode a song recorded in 441 you can re-encode in 432 which also works. Work with me here!

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
I'll be honest, I haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

OBS does not change pitch or filter sound. It just plays out whatever is sent to the speakers. If you want to process the audio you feed to OBS to change pitches before OBS encodes the audio, you should probably get a VST host+plugin of some sort to do that, and set OBS to encode the VST host's output.

Krazy

Town drunk
You are completely confusing sample rate with pitch frequency or something. They are not the same, at all. Pitch is not altered by OBS. At all. Whatever tones/pitches you feed into it, that is what you will hear back on a stream (aside from possible artifacts due to encoding at lower bitrates, but this will not change pitch still)