Question / Help 3440x1440 Ultrawide downscale issue

Z3ROFR0ST

I have a Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 G-Sync Ultrawide gaming monitor. When i try to downscale to 720p, the performance of my games take a dump and it stutters the game and the stream. And the stream looks funny like it is squished. Anyone else have any idea on how to fix this?

My specs are:

Core i7 4790k @4.0Ghz
16GB Gaming RAM
2 x GTX 1080's FTW in SLi

Suslik V

G-Sync, SLI, Ultrawide - I think, are not the best options for streaming (maybe good at gaming but...). You can disable G-Sync, SLI and can turn on centered output for display device (chose resolution up to 2560x1440).

Also, there is special scaling method available that can scale from ultrawide preserving center of the image unchanged and add distortions only to sides (to left and to right). Just add filter Scaling/Aspect Ratio to your source, chose new resolution or aspect, set filtering and check the Undistort center of image when scaling from ultrawide checkbox.

Just in case, OBS Studio Help Guide: https://obsproject.com/forum/resour...ware-studio-multiplatform-help-guide-pdf.365/

If still stutter when streaming: Please post a log with your issue! Here's how...

sam686

If you want widescreen (3440x1440), you can downscale to 1720x720 or 1280x536 to keep the aspect ratio mostly the same, to avoid getting squished, as a cost of black bars to viewers that do not have wide screen or viewers that don't use fullscreen.