Question / Help 32-bit or 64-bit version? Which one should I use?

RAZR31

@Osiris That's what I figured but @Harold was making it sound like the 64-bit version had tons of issues capturing 32-bit programs. That is why I wanted him to clarify more on his statements.

Last edited:

Harold

That's not what I said at all. If you even read my post, you would know I specified DEVICES not programs.

c3r1c3

It's simple. With DEVICES (not programs), if they have a 64-bit driver, you use OBS 64-bit. If they have a 32-bit driver, you use OBS 32-bit.

If they have both, you use whatever you want.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm eagerly waiting for a user asking where to get a 48bit version if you have a 32bit and 64bit driver :D
It's easy. Compile both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of OBS Studio, mix and match the resulting files at 50% each, and voila - 48-bit OBS Studio.

I'm kidding. Please don't do that. Please don't cite me as "that person on the forum who said this was a good idea".

RAZR31

Hey guys, I just got a call from Twitch. Apparently streaming your games at 4k resolution with the G in RGB maxed out and an upside-down facecam that only shows a potato keeps crashing their servers. When they asked what I was doing I told them that I set up OBS with settings recommended by @RytoEX on the OBS forums. They said thanks and that they would contact him but they didn't sound like they were actually that thankful... Bunch of ungrateful douche-nuggets.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hey guys, I just got a call from Twitch. Apparently streaming your games at 4k resolution with the G in RGB maxed out and an upside-down facecam that only shows a potato keeps crashing their servers. When they asked what I was doing I told them that I set up OBS with settings recommended by @RytoEX on the OBS forums. They said thanks and that they would contact him but they didn't sound like they were actually that thankful... Bunch of ungrateful douche-nuggets.

Oh dear.
inb4 they ban me and close my Twitch account