Question / Help 3 mbps vs 5mbps upload

StanicEnemy

Hello! I am currently using VDSL2 24 mbps download and 3 mbps upload internet and i am putting 2000bitrate on obs.My contract with my current ISP will be over in a week and there is another ISP that can provide me 50 mbps download and 5 mbps upload speed via docsis 3.0 modem cable internet (coaxial cable) and i wonder if it will worth? I was putting 1000bitrate but a few days ago they upgraded my upload speed to 3 from 2 and now i am able to use 2000bitrate but it kinda lags and if i buy that 5 mbps internet packet how much bitrate will i able to put on? Sorry for my broken english language.I mainly play gta online on stream.

My rig is

CPU:Intel i5 4440 3.1ghz 1150
GPU:Nvidia GTX 1050ti MSI Gaming X
CPU Cooler:Be quiet! Shadow Rock TF2
PSU:Seasonic 520w Bronze 80plus evo edition
PC Case:Aerocool Liquid Solution 5200-6x Fan+fan controller
PC Fans:Corsair Quiet edition RED AF120 -Aercool lightning 12cm-Aerocool Dark Force 12cm
HDD:WD Blue ezex 2017 edition 7200rpm 1tb 64mb cache
HDD:Seagate 500gb 5900 rpm 6mb cache
SSD:Corsair Force Le 200 120gb 500 write/read speed

koala

It would definitely be an improvement. With 5mbps upload, you are able to dedicate about 4 mbps for streaming, and this enables you to stream 720p with 30 fps or 60 fps. With a 3 mbps upload, you can dedicate about 2-2.5mbps for streaming, which is just enough for 720p 30fps but not very high quality.

To estimate bandwidth, take into account what applications will use bandwidth at the same time. Add them up, and you get your required bandwidth. Take into account the upload requirements for:
- online game you're trying to stream
- voip
- downloads/uploads running in parallel on same machine
- bandwidth usage by other devices in your lan (family, smartphones, video- and audio streaming)

substract this from the upload bandwidth from your internet connection, and you get the bandwidth that is available to you for streaming. Take only 80-90% from it to get a safety margin. Otherwise you will get lags from time to time and no smooth stream.

StanicEnemy

It would definitely be an improvement. With 5mbps upload, you are able to dedicate about 4 mbps for streaming, and this enables you to stream 720p with 30 fps or 60 fps. With a 3 mbps upload, you can dedicate about 2-2.5mbps for streaming, which is just enough for 720p 30fps but not very high quality.

To estimate bandwidth, take into account what applications will use bandwidth at the same time. Add them up, and you get your required bandwidth. Take into account the upload requirements for:
- online game you're trying to stream
- voip
- downloads/uploads running in parallel on same machine
- bandwidth usage by other devices in your lan (family, smartphones, video- and audio streaming)

substract this from the upload bandwidth from your internet connection, and you get the bandwidth that is available to you for streaming. Take only 80-90% from it to get a safety margin. Otherwise you will get lags from time to time and no smooth stream.
Thank you.